Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64104.26

Page 11 of 133 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast
    PokerOwned Master
    I have an upgrade idea that maybe some people will like....

A $50 freeroll on carbon in place of the final (8:00 pm cst) $25 freeroll on Sundays...

The catch is that this freeroll would only be open to the top 2 finishers (or top 3, or just winner) of each of the first 20 PO freerolls. They would still have to opt in and all that. But I think this would reward players for making a deep run in a tourney. But i also think that this adds even more incentive to play well every time you hit the tables (in addition to the great progressive prize pools we have on PO).
    It could be up to zab on whether the standard 140 pt opt-in applies or if its elevated to 200 or 250 points because of the increased prize pool and potentially smaller fields.
    And of course this would all be in accordance with Carbons willingness to give us a $50 freeroll.

Just an idea...would love to hear everyones thoughts, espeically zabs.
    Last edited by dbbc_0169; 07-10-2011 at 11:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dbbc_0169 View Post
    I have an upgrade idea that maybe some people will like....

A $50 freeroll on carbon in place of the final (8:00 pm cst) $25 freeroll on Sundays...

The catch is that this freeroll would only be open to the top 2 finishers (or top 3, or just winner) of each of the first 20 PO freerolls. They would still have to opt in and all that. But I think this would reward players for making a deep run in a tourney. But i also think that this adds even more incentive to play well every time you hit the tables (in addition to the great progressive prize pools we have on PO).
    It could be up to zab on whether the standard 140 pt opt-in applies or if its elevated to 200 or 250 points because of the increased prize pool and potentially smaller fields.
    And of course this would all be in accordance with Carbons willingness to give us a $50 freeroll.

Just an idea...would love to hear everyones thoughts, espeically zabs.
    I would love to see a regular high roller free-roll. For every $25 incremental increase, raise the tournament buy-in. Personally, considering there would presumably be fewer people in this tournament, I would suggest starting with a weekly $50 tournament with a 350 point buy-in. Yes, I know that is at a higher rate than the 145/$25 tournament however again, there would potentially be less people and I want people to do less donking in this tournament If more people show, or if the number is similar to the other tournaments, then maybe it can go to a 300 point buy-in or raise the pool even more.

What do you think?

Zab
    Quote Originally Posted by gefishy View Post
    I would love to see a regular high roller free-roll. For every $25 incremental increase, raise the tournament buy-in. Personally, considering there would presumably be fewer people in this tournament, I would suggest starting with a weekly $50 tournament with a 350 point buy-in. Yes, I know that is at a higher rate than the 145/$25 tournament however again, there would potentially be less people and I want people to do less donking in this tournament If more people show, or if the number is similar to the other tournaments, then maybe it can go to a 300 point buy-in or raise the pool even more.

What do you think?
    The problem is, its SUPER HARD to get different tournaments on Carbon.

I literally have to submit my tournament requests 1-2 weeks in advance (If you look at the schedule right now, I have all of July up there)
    "And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord, for thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand. Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_AtUXdXA_s

cant we keep it simple?? maye just have one or 2 regular 30 dolla freerolls weeekly now???with point increase for all tourneys now and lots more poeple playin regualrly,, maybe we could have that???? either way OK tho

i guess my p revious post,, of,, cant we keep simple??? is a NO???LOL and my suggestion no good OK ba ck to game now

Banned
    I think we should have a site ranking system to be able to tell who the best players are

Zab
    Quote Originally Posted by jonmcbluffin View Post
    I think we should have a site ranking system to be able to tell who the best players are
    Ya that's what we're going for.. Its essentially a ranking a system.. How you do vs the rest of the field when you play.

I plan on having a weekly contest and then showing an all time ratings system.

Just trying to figure out the math formula
    "And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord, for thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand. Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_AtUXdXA_s

Considering this thread should probably just be for ideas, I just moved a bunch of posts from here to this thread: http://www.pokerowned.com/forums/f11...sion-5052.html

This way we don't clutter the rest of this thread with our discussion on this equation

What about a clean sweep jackpot. So out of the promotions pool take a tiny % and put it towards a pool similar to Back2Back but call it Clean Sweep or something that means you have to win the 3 tournaments that day. I have a strong feeling this will be rare, it might never happen so the % of the promtions pool going towards it can be tiny and it will eventually be a hefty prize.

Its just that every goal we have set has been achieved like escaping bounty or back 2 back and i know the excitement about them at the time had a buzz around the chat. The clean sweep might not ever happen so maybe even have a hall of fame section for anyone who completes it.

Oh snap, I love this idea! That would be pretty sick if somebody pulled it off...

Quote Originally Posted by Prawney View Post
    What about a clean sweep jackpot. So out of the promotions pool take a tiny % and put it towards a pool similar to Back2Back but call it Clean Sweep or something that means you have to win the 3 tournaments that day. I have a strong feeling this will be rare, it might never happen so the % of the promtions pool going towards it can be tiny and it will eventually be a hefty prize.

Its just that every goal we have set has been achieved like escaping bounty or back 2 back and i know the excitement about them at the time had a buzz around the chat. The clean sweep might not ever happen so maybe even have a hall of fame section for anyone who completes it.

Page 11 of 133 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast