Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64284.24

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Sounds like an amazing idea Zab. I'd definitely use it.

Quote Originally Posted by PokeYourFace View Post
    i think we can ahve the members police, who is trusted via paypal.

few that i know are:
    PokeYourFace
    Cookies
    vtriclone
    tommy
    Dalsue

this would be a strong core of people to police the paypal issue
    cant say anything bout vtri, dont know him enuf...but from all others i only trust tommy.....cmon, dalsue????.......hahahhaahahha.......u really a joker .......... =P

In the beginning God said : "The four dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric second rank tensor equals zero", and at once there was light.

This would work.....great idea!

yeah it sucks filling out so much for so little that pay

Elite PokerOwned Member WECpoker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zab View Post
    So, with all this talk people going outside the market.. Where's the security? What can I do MORE to help?
    If you want honesty from someone who is fully versed on proper ways to deal with scamming and how to reduce the amount significantly, here are my thoughts (feel free to delete if you want and I will not be offended ) I figure since the boss posted this he was looking for solutions...otherwise I would not post my thoughts. I do not want to cause any trouble but my advice comes from someone who has assisted many sites with outting the complex games scammers play for many years.

The absolute best defense against scamming is to stop them at the door when possible. Of course, there should also be steps to protect members as much as possible once the scammers are already members and try to steal from someone.

The truth is the site is too lenient on former scammers, stake rollers and people with known multiple accounts on several sites. No offense, but the site in its rules actually protects those who might come here with intent to steal or who have a history of doing the same. In my experience, when you find people who steal once and never come back to pay what they stole, they are extremely likely to steal again, and usually from the easiest place possible, at the moment PO.

Almost all poker forums that deal with money form a type of community that generally shuns members who steal from other sites. For instance, if you try and make a trade on 2+2, but you have stolen money from PTP, they will ban you on 2+2 (or at least restrict your ability to make trades). If you have multiple accounts banned on 2+2 (due to trade stealing etc) , most sites will ban you until you make the 2+2 problem right. If you steal a stake in CMU, PTP will not allow you on their site. If it is found you are scamming on PO, and it is brought to the other sites attention, you will not be able to do any monetary transactions on 2+2, P5s, PTP, CMU, Surfers and many other poker forums that deal with staking and money. They will also take these same precautions against people at CC and prevent them from staking, money transactions, and possibly even banning fully.

The problem is, PO is sitting out there as one place that almost opens up its arms to scammers and does little to protect its members against them. In fact, when info is out there, PO seems to shield these people. Many multiple accounts (people who have several instances of multiple accounts are very high on list of potential scammer material) no problem, stole money like a common theif on one or one hundred occasions no problem. Known multiple PO accounts seems no problem (the members even seem to accurately identify members when they come back under different name). I mean people even come in on chat and admit they have scammed numerous times.

Just remember, for a newbie member that has not crawled around the poker scene, they will have no way of protecting themselves if experienced members of the poker community do not step up. They are just fresh bait. I think they need all of our assistance.

For various reasons, scamming has gotten a bit easier since BF and harder to detect, but admins and Mods have many internal tools to help prevent the problem.

Of course, the negative for the site is that there will be less members so it understandable that it would not want to take on the extra job of stopping scammers in their tracks. And no matter what this or any other site does, scammers will operate and will make money off good people.

The problem is, if other sites like 2+2, P5s, others, took the stance this sites does of isolating itself from the poker community by not making it easier to track scammers across sites, it is no doubt we would be overrun by many more of these people and they would be infinitely harder to find and identify. They already are a hard lot to track down.

Respectfully yours

W
    Last edited by WECpoker; 08-02-2013 at 08:09 PM.

PokerOwned Pro
    I think that is a GREAT idea! It seems safe!

PokerOwned Master
    this is an amazing idea and i love it

WEC I liked your post, very thought out. I can't speak for other forums but as for PO the biggest problem with insta banning multi accounts and scammers is they will insta create a new account.

Zab has added new features for us Mods to track them on top of his own tools.

What we try to do is keep them around so that the community can keep track of who is a multi or a scammer by having members make a thread and keeping them open for all to view.

The war still goes on..................

20:58 <Poof> I would trade my husband for gisele
    18:37 <thepokerkid> @thepokerkid: and stop thinking about gay things

I don't do any trades (at least not yet), but I have lurked the threads on how folks have gotten scammed by assholes. I do like the middle-man concept. It's how big wagers were done in the days before electronics.

Elite PokerOwned Member bikkeromano's Avatar
    creo que toda idea que de paso a buenos negocios y comodidades siempre es bienvenida , yo poco se como es ese comercio , y todo porque no hablo muy bien el idioma ingles , pero si entiendo mucho , me gustaria poder participar en esos negocios para obtener puntos ,,,,gracias a todos , un saludo cordial de mi parte ,,, chao
    im bikkeromano

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast