Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $63810.57

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zab View Post
    Raffle, Offers, Crowdflower, Pawnshop, Marketplace, Loan Shark.... So many ways.. Radio Loyalty
    well raffle is not realistic, if u dont wanna spend points on that , i,m jsut saying.... radio and crowflower only things now, y a....... and loans are gettin bad to do,,, i do a lot,, but cause poeple are having a lot mroe trouble paying back n ow,, to, casue harder to get points, so catch 22 a alittle therre.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Drywallman3 View Post
    when you owe that overshadows going deep
    good thing i dont owe

Zab
    Quote Originally Posted by rrickir View Post
    well raffle is not realistic, if u dont wanna spend points on that , i,m jsut saying.... radio and crowflower only things now, y a....... and loans are gettin bad to do,,, i do a lot,, but cause poeple are having a lot mroe trouble paying back n ow,, to, casue harder to get points, so catch 22 a alittle therre.
    2+ years later, same ole rrickir
    "And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord, for thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand. Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_AtUXdXA_s

I think the problem is that some people take advantage. Its Pokerowned is a restaurant that gives out free samples. Some poeple just come here and all they do is post for the 5 pts and day and thats it. Its like going into the restaurant and eating all the free samples and leaving until the next day when there are more available.

The 5pts for posting is obviously something people take advantage of it, blatantly doing it by making posts saying you are doing so just for the 5 points is like giving Zab the finger. Its an issue that has been around long before Rivdee made his thread and im pretty sure Rivdee was just fooling around making his thread but it was just the straw that broke the camels back.

Zab
    I always wanted an active forum, and I though rewarding those for posting made sense to get an active forum..

Now, I think after almost 3 years it's a little out dated and we're getting far to much spam..

So let's clean up the site

1) Let's get rid of the drama in channel 1...
    2) Let's clean up the spam in the forum
    3) Let's get rid of the scammers abilities to scam (Middle Man upgrade coming)
    "And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord, for thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand. Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_AtUXdXA_s

I always wanted an active forum, and I though rewarding those for posting made sense to get an active forum..

Now, I think after almost 3 years it's a little out dated and we're getting far to much spam..

I agree it took a couple of years to see the glitches but now is the time to revamp

20:58 <Poof> I would trade my husband for gisele
    18:37 <thepokerkid> @thepokerkid: and stop thinking about gay things

2+ years later, same ole rrickir
    i dont see what i said, that was bad at all here,, ,,, pooeple tell me also,, they using posting,, radio, and crowflower, to get points to pay back, now too, so i s slowwwww going more at times,, is all i said,, for loans a little too, unless they buy points tho.. i,m waiting on some now to do that, to get me back now tooo... ok,, well ididnt think was, any big deal, tho.

I think the points for posting are a good for the "PO economy". Maybe to help clean it up you add a feature to be able to +1 or like individual comments or threads. If a comment gets 5 +1s or likes THEN the person gets the points. That way you are only rewarding the posts that are adding value to the forums.

I know it's a separate issue, but rrickir has a really good point about people being really bad about paying back loans. One of the biggest problems I've noticed is that alot of previously active members had credit card reversals and went into some seriously negative points so they decided it wasn't worth it and left PO. Maybe you could reach out to them and offer to a 50/50 deal where half any new points earned would pay down the debt and half they could continue to use for whatever.

One last thought, I know the forums need some cleaning up, but based on azraels comments, he thinks almost everything is spam!! I'm curious to see how that actually works out...

PokerOwned Veteran

I agree with what you're trying to do- I'm not sure if you will see much of a difference from dropping to just 4 posts instead of 5. I may be wrong, but I guess its a trial run- I hope it does help.

What about something that doesnt let you get any points for posting that day unless you have earned points on something that day?

PokerOwned Demi-God
    its only five points. It's not like its cut in half or anything. but I also Have hard time earning pts now that I did pretty much every offer I could. So it's just card flower and post for me.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast