Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70884.01

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tournament Bans

Elite PokerOwned Member

Tournament Bans

I was wondering if maybe Zab could implement something that would not allow people to play in tournies if they were default on a loan. I know a lot of us are tired of seeing these idiots who are defaulted playing tournies everyday instead of paying back who they owe.

There are a number of reasons why they aren't banned from the games, one of the most important being, they may just leave the site, and abandon the debt completely. Then nobody wins. The system is set up so defaulted members do have to pay 10% more for tickets, which goes directly to the member that loaned them, so every ticket bought is making a payment. And there is the debt collector option which takes any points they have and gives it directly to the loaner, and there is insurance. But, often the loanee stocks up on tickets, and has them well in advance of being defaulted. Its kind of a double edged sword, yeah stricter rules would be nice, but if they were banned from the games, the # of players goes down, and so does the prize pool.

Also defaulted members are left out of the WSOPO, so thats one tourney they cannot play in.
    Last edited by MichMan; 04-26-2013 at 02:09 AM.
    22:52 <onehotdame> pull my finger
    02:51 <onehotdame> ill miss u when u go
    14:53 <onehotdame> gotta callthePOD people
    12/17/2014 16:29 <onehotdame> your a bit of an ass when yo high

Banned
    what if they just happen to have tickets left over but no points?

PokerOwned Demi-God
    well that is good to know, I won't feel bad about doing some loans now...decent way to make points, if they pay

I don't get why people are dumb enough to take loans they can't afford to pay off. I mean if they hit a bad streak and it takes a day late or so, that's one thing, but yeah.

Elite PokerOwned Member
    i think its a great idea.. also ban people that talking dirty.

Elite PokerOwned Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MichMan View Post
    There are a number of reasons why they aren't banned from the games, one of the most important being, they may just leave the site, and abandon the debt completely. Then nobody wins. The system is set up so defaulted members do have to pay 10% more for tickets, which goes directly to the member that loaned them, so every ticket bought is making a payment. And there is the debt collector option which takes any points they have and gives it directly to the loaner, and there is insurance. But, often the loanee stocks up on tickets, and has them well in advance of being defaulted. Its kind of a double edged sword, yeah stricter rules would be nice, but if they were banned from the games, the # of players goes down, and so does the prize pool.

Also defaulted members are left out of the WSOPO, so thats one tourney they cannot play in.
    Thanks for the info I had no idea this was done and in regards to the tournies i noticed a defaulted in a non ticket game but if they had to pay more to get in then that's cool. Once again thanks for the response nice to see a mod take the initiative to explain something unlike some other crappy mods on another forum

They are also not able to win any of the promotions. It is pretty exciting watching a defaulter going for b2b and winning and then the reaction when they are told they wont get the prize.

Quote Originally Posted by PooffyFooffy View Post
    They are also not able to win any of the promotions. It is pretty exciting watching a defaulter going for b2b and winning and then the reaction when they are told they wont get the prize.
    how often does that happen?

Elite PokerOwned Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PooffyFooffy View Post
    That is awesome serves them right lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast