Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $61858.04

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Zab

PokerOwned March Madness upgrade idea

Consolidated here:

Think March Madness.. Field of 64 with brackets..

So the idea I am getting is, the first 64 people who want to sign up, fill in the spots.. If we only get 50 then people will get byes in the first round..

Ok imagine a bracket: https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/i...Bdzp7itxmRik-g

You get randomly seeded...

What we do is make it a LLB challenge..

Example: Lets say you are seeded against Prawney. Rivdee vs Prawney

- THE FIRST tournament that BOTH of you play in together, whoever Lasts Longer than the other wins and advances to the next round (Tomorrow)

- If neither of you play in the same tournament, whoever finishes higher for the day (5th place vs 15th place etc, 5th place advances)

- If neither of you play at all today, winner determined by coin flip <-- To be fixed

- In the event of a tie, whoever finished in a higher place with a larger field (5th place - 80 person field vs 5th place 60 person field, the 80 person field would advance)

Wednesday - Monday field of 64 starts to be filled for the next week
    Round 1- Monday (Down to 32)
    Round 2- Tuesday (Down to 16)
    Round 3- Wednesday (Down to 8)
    Round 4- Thursday (Down to 4)
    Round 5 - Friday (Down to 2)
    Round 6 - Saturday (Winner)
    "And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord, for thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand. Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_AtUXdXA_s

Zab
    Lets move the conversation here
    "And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord, for thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand. Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_AtUXdXA_s

Good. So all we need is the entry fee and the break down in prizes

ok i think we should have a high and a low roller thing for this if possible...say the low roller is 100 points to enter high roller is 1,000 points to enter you can only enter one or the other each week
    17:51 <PooffyFooffy> not everyone screws up things the way I can
    20:27 <PooffyFooffy> I could use all the help I can get, lol
    <PooffyFooffy>lol I have my share of duh moments, regularly, lol

If neither of you play at all today, winner determined by coin flip <-- To be fixed

Should be changed to:
    If neither of you play at all today, winner determined by Pooffy

I just copy/paste my post from other thread here

Imagine a match-up with say azreal vs rrickir, one in england and the other on west coast of america. Theres a chance that on a given day they simply dont have a tourney where they both play so no head to head. So you cant set it in stone that you only advance through winning a H2H.

You want people to play as many games as possible but you cant force them to. Its tough to punish someone for winning the 1pm game and sitting out the rest of the games.

Maybe instead of taking someones best finish in the case of no head to head, you take the average of their best 2 games. So if that person who wins the 1pm doesnt play another freeroll you give them last place in the highest entry freeroll of that day. This would give the person a reason to play a 2nd game and give you a better chance of getting a H2H match.

Quote Originally Posted by Zab View Post
    Consolidated here:

Think March Madness.. Field of 64 with brackets..

So the idea I am getting is, the first 64 people who want to sign up, fill in the spots.. If we only get 50 then people will get byes in the first round..

Ok imagine a bracket: https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/i...Bdzp7itxmRik-g

You get randomly seeded...

What we do is make it a LLB challenge..

Example: Lets say you are seeded against Prawney. Rivdee vs Prawney

- THE FIRST tournament that BOTH of you play in together, whoever Lasts Longer than the other wins and advances to the next round (Tomorrow)

- If neither of you play in the same tournament, whoever finishes higher for the day (5th place vs 15th place etc, 5th place advances)

- If neither of you play at all today, winner determined by coin flip <-- To be fixed

- In the event of a tie, whoever finished in a higher place with a larger field (5th place - 80 person field vs 5th place 60 person field, the 80 person field would advance)

Wednesday - Monday field of 64 starts to be filled for the next week
    Round 1- Monday (Down to 32)
    Round 2- Tuesday (Down to 16)
    Round 3- Wednesday (Down to 8)
    Round 4- Thursday (Down to 4)
    Round 5 - Friday (Down to 2)
    Round 6 - Saturday (Winner)
    Everything is on point here but I would have a heads up game vs a coin flip if at all possible, just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Prawney View Post
    I just copy/paste my post from other thread here

Imagine a match-up with say azreal vs rrickir, one in england and the other on west coast of america. Theres a chance that on a given day they simply dont have a tourney where they both play so no head to head. So you cant set it in stone that you only advance through winning a H2H.

You want people to play as many games as possible but you cant force them to. Its tough to punish someone for winning the 1pm game and sitting out the rest of the games.

Maybe instead of taking someones best finish in the case of no head to head, you take the average of their best 2 games. So if that person who wins the 1pm doesnt play another freeroll you give them last place in the highest entry freeroll of that day. This would give the person a reason to play a 2nd game and give you a better chance of getting a H2H match.
    +1 This would definitely work too. Good idea!

PokerOwned Demi-God
    I still say use the Player Rater formula.

Quote Originally Posted by gpahren View Post
    I still say use the Player Rater formula.
    You're not getting the concept - it's supposed to be a one game, single elimination format. Not an aggregate.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast