Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $66798.83

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Spam Managers

PokerOwned Demi-God
    I think its needed. Mainly for the people that just bumb threads that are months old and just type something random in it. Who wants to keep on reporting spam for every spam out there and have nothing be done. I think it would be great to have managers for it but who would be part of that? Some of the moderators or regular members? You would need someone thats on the forum a lot and also trustworthy.

PokerOwned Master
    The posts usally get deleted, but their 5 points is probley already spent, and its not like any have been banned from posting

Quote Originally Posted by Grind4green View Post
    The posts usally get deleted, but their 5 points is probley already spent, and its not like any have been banned from posting
    They get a warning when we infract and delete the post, they may even lose the 5points, I think they do.

Wasn't this issue addressed earlier in the year? I was under the impression there were already spam managers. I have seen some spam recently, but it does not look as severe as when I began this site.

Survey Master
    Quote Originally Posted by PooffyFooffy View Post
    They get a warning when we infract and delete the post, they may even lose the 5points, I think they do.
    Yeah they do.

The thing is.. Moderators are usually worried about things going on and controlling the chatbox and other affairs users are having.. So while there are complaints of spam, etc. It's just something that is belittled because of the other issues arousing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalsue214 View Post
    Yeah they do.

The thing is.. Moderators are usually worried about things going on and controlling the chatbox and other affairs users are having.. So while there are complaints of spam, etc. It's just something that is belittled because of the other issues arousing.
    I will say, when I see them in my email, I do go to that post.

Elite PokerOwned Member MrPokerVerse's Avatar
    Seems like this monitoring is never ending. For just a little bit more you can get a small ham.

Monty Python - Spam - YouTube
    "When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience." anonymous quote

PokerOwned Pro
    I like the idea, it just seems hard to police the issue. Maybe 3 spams on the forum gets you a month ban from receiving points for posts?

Zab
    I just need to make sure its not abused
    "And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord, for thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand. Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_AtUXdXA_s

Zab
    Alright.. If you are interested in becoming a spam manager let me know.

Powers Included:

- Deletion of posts
    - POSSIBLY Including infractions (Warnings to the users)

I am going to look into an upgrade where if we delete your posts as spam, you lose 5 points
    "And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord, for thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand. Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_AtUXdXA_s

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast