Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64976.37

Zab

Revive Rail Bird Promotion?

Discuss... I'd like to streamline it more.. Make it so it easy so random. Maybe reward people, do 1-2 a day.. Thoughts?

Here's the original faq:

What in the hell is a Rail Bird?

A rail bird is someone who watches OTHERS play poker. They sit on the rails and cheer them on etc.

Ok, so how did you make a promotion out of this?

Basically, I pick someone at random (And I will explain more about this later) to play in a Tournament or Sit n Go etc. That person plays, and EVERYONE ELSE has a stake in how he does.

*** Note *** 1st time Rail Birders will get a max $1 (+ entry) stake. Until you prove yourself and get a higher score, that's the cap

How do I join?

First, you need to head over to the Rail Bird page and OPT IN.

Cool, how many points can I earn?

This is where things get a bit tricky. Every single time you enter a Full Tilt Poker tournament, you get 1 RAIL BIRD POINT.

Your % of the profits (That is, how much the person you are railing wins) is determined by your % of total Rail Bird Points. I'll explain.

Let's say you joined 10 FTP tournaments, then you have 10 Rail Bird Points. If the TOTAL Number of Rail Bird Points (All the users points combined) = 100 Rail Bird Points, that means YOU would own 10% of the prize pool.

** If you opt out of a FTP Tourney or ask for a refund, you lose 1 Rail Bird Point **

So, how many points will tournaments pay out?

For each $1 won in the tournaments, 200 points will be divided amongst the rail birds. Example: $25 is won via a Sit n Go, that means 5000 points will be given to the Rail Bird community. If your share was 10%, that means you would get 500 points!!

This is great, but I want to be the one playing!! How do you pick who plays?

First of all, I will probably only doing the rail bird promotion MAYBE once a day if that.

The rules are, if you win ANY money, you keep 20% and 80% goes back to me (Pays for points, others to enter in the tournaments etc.) For this reason, I have to choose people I trust will send the money back to me. If you win $80, you keep $16 and the rest you MUST send back to me. I will be fully paying for the entrance fee to the tournament obviously.

These are the criteria I will look for when choosing someone to play

1) Active in the community
    2) Long time member
    3) Someone who seems to place high (on the leader board)
    4) Someone who I trust will send the funds back to me if they win

When there is a live railing going on, you will see a notice on the MAIN page and I will announce it in chat. We can then head over to the Rail Bird page and we will have a separate chat there.

Things to note:

- Refer a friend points and Lottery are not counted for rail bird points
    - You only get credit for FTP tournaments from the time you click opt in
    - The # of Rail Bird points is RESET every month to 0

"And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord, for thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand. Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_AtUXdXA_s

This was before my time, but seems like a pretty cool promotion.

Zab
    We stopped it when carbon P2P went away
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand. Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.

Survey Master
    looks interesting. hope it all works out for everyone involved

Quote Originally Posted by Zab View Post
    We stopped it when carbon P2P went away
    We stopped the staking, I could not have over looked this promotion for a year, I have my slow moments, but I don't think this is one of them, is it? lol

I think it was stopped after Black Friday as for awhile noone had their account verified on Carbon so they couldnt use P2P.

Zab
    Quote Originally Posted by Prawney View Post
    I think it was stopped after Black Friday as for awhile noone had their account verified on Carbon so they couldnt use P2P.
    Oh yes thats right.. when FTP died we killed this

PokerOwned God
    i remember that rail bird promotion...its been awhile

PokerOwned Demi-God
    Is that a pw being leaked in the sticky
    btw, think it was stopped way before carbon stopped p2p, lol, that wasn't that long ago and i never saw this promo (and all the fr's are on ftp in the screenshot). Sounds interesting though