Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $60810.71

Zab

Restricted Tournament upgrade & test

So here's the latest thoughts..

We will do restricted tournaments meaning ONLY users that have an account at pokerowned.com will get access to our freerolls.

This also means we will have password protected tournaments. So in theory, EVERYONE here has access to all of our freerolls (You are opted in), however, only those that actually opt in (use their points) will get the password.

So it will have double security. (Restricted and a password)

Yes, users will just make accounts here at pokerowned and then get the password leaked to them. But keep in mind, they can only do this ONCE, then I will never add them to the 'accepted list' again

This will 100% prevent password leaking.

Now I have a few issues with this..

#1 This could turn users off from ever visiting the site (Since the tournaments say restricted). This really hurts, because we need more members to get more freerolls and bigger ones.

#2 Brand New Users won't get access to freerolls for 1-2 days (Because they aren't on the list I already submitted to Full Tilt Poker for that days or weekends freerolls)

#3 I will need users to submit their Full Tilt Poker screen name on registration (Right away so I can get them on the accepted list)

#4 I will have to have my developer program a new system in to 'capture' all these full tilt screen names, as well as adding users to banned list (Never including them in tournaments)

Some questions i have for you:

As a freeroll member, did you ever visit web pages where the freerolls said restricted?

If you came here and COULDN'T join a freeroll for 1-2 days, would that have turned you off?

Thanks

Zab
    "And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord, for thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand. Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_AtUXdXA_s

Corporal
    I prefer when you cannot join freeroll straight away as this means there will not be so many players in tourney and also a smaller number of regular players who you can get to know over the course of time.
    Also to attract the type of player that will regularly visit and contribute to the site it is best to have some criteria in place to be able to play freerolls other than just a password.
    These are my own thoughts hope it helps.(i play a LOT of freerolls)

Zab
    I am worried about scaring off new users, but I think the users that get scared aren't the kind that would stick around anyways?
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand. Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.

well, I have been a long time member of another 2 forums,, where they use an allow list, and it works very well tooo. and its no big deal to wait a day or 2 to get on the list to play. nobody seems to mind that there.BUT i will say, its a little diff there,, there are no passwords anymore,, since they have the allow list. if it s a buy in tourney, and ur on the list,, u can just join tourney. and if they have a freeroll, u have to have qualified in other ways,, and then it will let u join,, no morepasswords there. It seems to work well there. AS far, as new members,, i dont think an allow list will discourage people from staying,, if they really want to be here, for more than ONE day,, and those are the members u are loooking for anyway,for longevity., BUT i will say,, and dont take this the wrong way at all,,I do think doin all the surverys, and having problems, for so many poeple, gettin the points,, discourages them more, and they leave, . I know this, from bringing some people here, from my other forums, but they wont stay casue of this.I DONT KNOW what the answer to this is tho, or what other w ays zab can come up with to keep his games goin,,but i do think there will have to be some other ways eventually, to keep members here, bring good players and new memebers here, and keep them too. I know games, have to get paid for tho,, so it is a dilemma, for sure, but hopefully things will get figured out, and be a success here..I know my one of my other groups, has small buy in games too, and if u play in any of those in a week, then u can entry to a freeroll too. JUSt a thought also. ok,hope any of this is a help.

PokerOwned Veteran
    i would really appreciate this new idea zab,
    i dont think it will scare users that really like the forum and the freeroll formats, i signed up to some sites when i saw they run restricted tourneys..
    i think its some work though but it will be very nice if there arent any passwords thiefs able to play anymore..
    i would they do it!!

Zab
    Ok we'll do a test run and try it out on friday

If theres anything ANOTHER site does that we don't, let me know, I'll add it

There is one important thing: When ppl see free cash, and the tournament is restricted,they still enter the site,just to see the requiremenets.As other sites have restricted their freerolls,and u can enter them just if you are registered on FTP with their link,on PokerOwned things will be easier..this is just an anti-leak upgrade.The survey thing is still up here so they don't have to do more things to get in the tournament.I belive the clever guys will get it fast and will join our community

Lieutenant Commander TopJimmy99's Avatar
    I've definitely visited sites with restricted games, and no I wouldn't leave just because I'd have to wait 1-2 days. I would build up enough points to opt in to the next freeroll for when I become eligible, but I like doing the surveys so I don't know if I'm an accurate test subject.