Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70855.38

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Zab

7/6/13 PokerOwned League Play Explained

I am in NOWAY married to any of these ideas.. Let's sit down, read through all of this and decide what works, what doesn't what we should add, what we should remove.

If something doesn't make sense, I'll explain it. I want to make this the VERY BEST, most ADDICTING league player you have ever seen.

Consolidated ideas to date: 7-6-2013

PokerOwned League Play

Creating a Team:

- Team Owner pays a fee to create a team. The team will last 30 days. You will have an option to ?Auto Renew? your team for points. If you don?t have enough points or your Auto-Renew is not checked, then you have a 48 hour grace period and then your entire team will be disbanded

- Team Owners can set their team as ?Open? (Anyone who applies and pays their own salary can join) or ?Invite Only? (You can apply, but will only be accepted by the Team Owner). If you are already on another team, you can?t apply or be hired.. You CAN be purchased though (explained later)

Joining a Team

- Each member of PokerOwned has a ?salary?, that is, the cost to letting them play in the league. The salary is determined by their player rating (Some math formula I?ll figure out later)

- When a player is figuring out which team he?d like to play for, he can either apply to a team (You pay your own salary), or you can be recruited by a Team Owner (Team Owner pays your initial salary) show free agents: Those that have played in tournaments in the last 30 days on Juicy, BCP, Lock and Carbon: To be hired

- Hired Guns - Team Owner can hire his teammates for an additional price (He can put up an offer in points to people, you can just say 0 to let?s say 1000 points) An Example would be: Prawney is offering to hire you for his Team, his terms: Paid Salary + 500 points (25% to the prize pool, 75% to you)

- PO Members that offered positions in Teams can either choose the BEST OFFER or the BEST TEAM that made them an offer (You decide, this should become very cut throat)

- We will show how many times you were ITM the previous month, previous week, how many tournaments you play per week etc.. A lot of info

- Members can quit in the middle of the month (be hired away by another Team) your Team gets credit until that day though

- Members can make offers to replace other Members, Minimum 100 points. 50% of the offer goes towards the prize pool, 25% to the Team owner, 25% to the member you replaced

- Once you have been hired by a Team, you are protected for 7 days (Cannot be fired, replaced and you cannot quit)

How you win points (Why play in this league)

- We will pay top 3 finishes just like speedway on each session. There are 3 sessions each month known as ?Kentucky Derby? 1st ? 10th, ?Preakness Stakes? 11th ? 20th , and third the ?Belmont Stakes? 21st ? last day of the month.

- There will be a small, daily winner (one winner) for the most money won in a given day

- Make this a progressive prize pool, probably decrease the other promos slightly to make room for this.

- Prizes will break down as follows: Team Owner 35%, Team Leader (Highest Member winning becomes team leader & Team owner can also be team leader if he?s leading in money won) 20%, All remaining members(3) 15% each

Cost:

- Create your own Team: 300 points (100% goes towards the prize pool)
    - Join a Team (No offer given to you) 25 points minimum. The salary is determined by their player rating (Some math formula I?ll figure out later, 100% goes towards the prize pool)
    - Make offers to PO Members (As Team owner) 0-1000 points (50% to the Prize pool, 50% to the player)
    - Auto renew your Team for the next 30 days (500 points, all Members automatically start out in your Team, 100% goes towards the prize pool)

Actual Payouts -

x3 Monthly Races + Monthly Best teams(s) + Daily Best Team + Trifecta (Progressive Prize Pool)

1st - 10th - 10% of prize pool won (divided among the top 3 Teams)
    11th - 21st - 10% of prize pool won (divided among the top 3 Teams)
    22nd - End of the month - 10% of prize pool won (divided among the top 3 Teams)

Top 3 Teams For the ENTIRE Month: 30% (divided among the top 3 Teams)

If Trifecta is won (All 3 races) 70% of the TRIFECTA (separate prize pool) is won
    ** If your team is disbanded in the middle of the month, everyone is out of luck. You will be given a 48 hour notice when your team expires. At that time ANYONE can purchase the team and become the team owner (Team Owners, you should have auto renew checked!) **

Scoring System:

- Money Won = points (so if you won $9.00 you would get 9 points to your team)

- Final Table earns points (5 points for a final table?)

Questions:

Do we cap the scoring? Your 2 or 3 best finishes? Do we also cap it on your best 3 performing members for the day? Or do we just allow those users who play the most games to essentially be the best players by virtue that they play the most?
    "And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord, for thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand. Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_AtUXdXA_s

Why cap it? The more play the more you can earn. If your team members arent playing it will show more on a non cap. That way demotions and trades r easier to spot.
    Last edited by eichroll; 07-06-2013 at 01:55 PM.

Zab
    This is such a MASSIVE upgrade with so many moving parts.. I need as much feedback as possible to get it right the first time
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand. Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.

I know i keep bring this up but if scoring works like $9 won is 9 points and 5 pts for a final table. I think it would be good if there was a fee like -1 point for entering the freeroll. I just feel that in a true league there should be some kind of punishment for entering and losing.

Quote Originally Posted by Prawney View Post
    I know i keep bring this up but if scoring works like $9 won is 9 points and 5 pts for a final table. I think it would be good if there was a fee like -1 point for entering the freeroll. I just feel that in a true league there should be some kind of punishment for entering and losing.
    I agree with this

Zab
    Quote Originally Posted by Prawney View Post
    Well let me know.. I don't know how other leagues work and what has to happen.

1 for entering a tourney? What if they don't have 1 point? I could send them negative.. Just -1?

I'd send that 1 pt to the prize pool right?

Zab
    Perhaps that's the daily prize pool you can win..

I want to make this so much fun EVERYONE will want to join

Must carry a minimum of 100pts to be in league or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Zab View Post
    Well let me know.. I don't know how other leagues work and what has to happen.

1 for entering a tourney? What if they don't have 1 point? I could send them negative.. Just -1?

I'd send that 1 pt to the prize pool right?
    The only league i played in basically uses some formula where they take everyone on the teams finishing position, averages it out and compares to other teams averages and ranks them like that. There might be more to it but that is pretty much what they do.

PokerOwned Veteran
    i would love to sing up for the poker owned team

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast