Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $63028.2

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast
    Zab

PokerOwned - Not Great News

Effective immediately we are taking down all US facing Poker Rooms, Redemption's and so on. I think you have all seen the news recently that each network is opting out of different states. I think you will find that a dominoe effect will sooner or later occur where eventually all the current US facing rooms that are not licensed be slowly pushed out for the legal ones that will start popping up.

What does this mean for the future of PokerOwned?

We want to be 100% legal. I have always stayed away from sports betting, from PayPal, from Greendot Money Paks. In the near future we will be adding the Euro rooms that do not cater to US traffic.

We will continue to operate as a "GPT" or Get Paid To site, meaning you can still come here, earn points and redeem them for various gift cards.

Is the sky falling for US poker players?

I do not know, I can't answer that. I just know that if we want to remain legal in the future when poker is regulated, we need to stop promoting the rooms that are currently deemed "illegal". That's 100% what it boils down to.
    "And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord, for thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand. Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_AtUXdXA_s

PokerOwned Veteran
    wow just when i thought it was safe here we go again

TON is Gone.
    This is totally bogus, The US gov really needs to go all in or stay out. Period. My American friends are getting the shaft and I feel bad for them

That said, this totally supports what I have been saying about the skins ratcheting up the RAKE to try and get what they can before they get bumped out completely. They have been seeing the writing on the wall for months now and many have noticed the difference in game.

I'm telling you folks..... if you have money in rooms that you don't want to lose, get it out now.
    TON is GONE. Blame the Mods. They stopped caring, or at least that's how it looks and feels.

Oh this is really a bummer. I suppose this will give me more free time to just play.
    You have to do what you have to do.

PokerOwned Master
    It never has been safe, and wont be safe until there is FEDERAL regulation. State by state bullshit is not good enough.
    Stake-back owed:

Rivdee: $33
    BHerd: $11
    DK12: $22.00

Oh this is really a bummer. I suppose this will give me more free time to just play.
    You have to do what you have to do.

You should clone the site and put it on a domain "DefinitelyNotPokerOwned.com". No one would figure it out for YEARS.

Best Poets of All time<br/>
    <br/>
    https://www.facebook.com/KenLWayt/

Zab
    To answer the PMs, long story short is.. If a business wants to offer legal poker inside the US where it's being regulated (NV & NJ for example), then it needs to cease doing business with rooms that are deemed illegal.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand. Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.

so which rooms stay and which rooms go?
    Last edited by Poof; 05-22-2014 at 12:39 PM.
    17:51 <PooffyFooffy> not everyone screws up things the way I can
    20:27 <PooffyFooffy> I could use all the help I can get, lol
    <PooffyFooffy>lol I have my share of duh moments, regularly, lol

Zab
    Quote Originally Posted by azreal1 View Post
    so which rooms stay and which rooms go?
    All the current ones will go.

Full Tilt, Party Poker, PokerStars, some other Euro ones will be coming in down the road..

Then the states that ARE regulated will be added

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast