Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70519.43

Zab

Staking Section Redone

This is from Dalsue:

you should add in staking sub forums. backers and seekers. users can only make new topics if they are approved by mods.

scrap Carbon and the verification thing about Carbon. no more p2p. i think checkmarks and X can be transformed into Moderator approved for staking. (disclaimer saying that no one is responsible if a deal goes sour, but checkmarks help reassure backers that the user has a legitimate history.)

im not sure if you can pull IDs automatically from what a user is requesting a stake for. like if you could pull Juicy/Lock/BCP/ACR tournament IDs (Zab Notes: yes we can from Juicy, Lock and Carbon.. Not from BCP or ACR) from what a user inputs and have their screename and the results collected, that would be awesome to have for a staking section. An automatic report and stats of what a user has lost/won with feedback from backers/horse? you could really bring in some potential backers/horses from other sites. (2+2 just started charging backers to post July 1st. A lot of them are pissed and are moving away.) high rollers coming into pokerowned would be nice for numerous reasons.

So with that said.. Let's get some ideas rolling.. Real ideas.. How would you like to see me change the staking section over? Do we need to start TOTALLY OVER or can we take what we have and make it better?
    "And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord, for thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand. Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_AtUXdXA_s

2p2 DID just start charging for there staking section. it used to have 40-60 people in there staking section only at ALL HOURS OF THE DAY.... that has gone down to literally ZERO. i can log into 2p2 now and literally there will be nobody in their staking section

Yea, i cant say too much about how to upgrade staking... but as far as the "attracting high rollers", YEA, PO coulda BEEN attracting high rollers, but as i have said b4... "zab loves freerollers", and i guess only listens to advice from dalsue

Buy in tourneys are in order, a high staks league, higher stakes client, easier way to buy points at better rate, higher donk bet stakes, higher fantasy poker stakes. monthly top player tournies, quarterly's AND yearlies. We already give enough away to offer real seats in nice live events

PO could become the new 2p2 ( if it wanted to)

The staking section thing though, is an easy fix... staking is simple
    Last edited by PokeYourFace; 07-13-2013 at 10:23 AM.
    RANGER (B2B HU LOYALTY GAME CHAMP! DO YOU REMEMBER THOSE NOOB? NO, NO YOU DON'T!)

Zab
    Quote Originally Posted by PokeYourFace View Post
    2p2 DID just start charging for there staking section. it used to have 40-60 people in there staking section only at ALL HOURS OF THE DAY.... that has gone down to literally ZERO. i can log into 2p2 now and literally there will be nobody in their staking section

Yea, i cant say too much about how to upgrade staking... but as far as the "attracting high rollers", YEA, PO coulda BEEN attracting high rollers, but as i have said b4... "zab loves freerollers", and i guess only listens to advice from dalsue

Buy in tourneys are in order, a high staks league, higher stakes client, easier way to buy points at better rate, higher donk bet stakes, higher fantasy poker stakes. monthly top player tournies, quarterly's AND yearlies. We already give enough away to offer real seats in nice live events

PO could become the new 2p2 ( if it wanted to)

The staking section thing though, is an easy fix... staking is simple

I am all ears how to fix it
    "And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord, for thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand. Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_AtUXdXA_s

I'm going to say right off the bat, I have no experience with staking here or at any other sites. I honestly didn't even realize we had a staking section, probably because I looked at it when I first started and it looked too simple/not helpful enough. So I'm sorry if anything I contribute doesn't quite work or is already possible.

The first thing I might be stupid on, is there already a player rating system for staking? If not, then I think there should be one. I don't think people should necessarily have to be approved to be staked, but player ratings would help immensely. The staking page should also have easy access to a players stats on this site. Another possibility is to offer an option for "secured" staking where the horse can escrow the points equal to what they are being staked for. This would be good for new horses to build up a rep for payback. I'll see if I can rack my brain for any other suggestions.

I would leave that page like it is, and just do like pooffy suggested, add a sub-forum topic "Staking".

But if you were to redo that staking page, make it a "stake request" page, with these 5 fields of data required by the user requesting, basically like the market place is set up but with a few more fields to input info.

1) poker site
    2) player s/n (PO and poker site)
    3) game ID
    4) $ requested
    5) terms of stake

Then have that info listed and stakers can select to stake whomever they want. "The stats of the "stakee" or "horse" should be available upon request for the backer", add that somewhere on the page as opposed to actually posting them.
    22:52 <onehotdame> pull my finger
    02:51 <onehotdame> ill miss u when u go
    14:53 <onehotdame> gotta callthePOD people
    12/17/2014 16:29 <onehotdame> your a bit of an ass when yo high

I like this idea a lot. The staking here needs a lot of work in my rather blunt opinion.

i asked for something like this months ago but it is due
    <StephyMarieC> erik!!!!! yay you've always been one of my favorites hehe <scorcher863> i kinda want to smoke some meth, then play poker for like 3 days straight

Survey Master
    whatever youre gonna do i think it should be an earned privledge to be staked. dont just let anyone and everyone in. must qualify like say active for 1-3 months if youre name appears in a you scammed someone thread youre not allowed. simple rules. im sure theres more but thats all i got for now