Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70478.42

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Zab

PokerOwned Madness Consolidated ideas

PokerOwned Madness:

Before the contest starts-
    • 100 points to enter (to start, we will likely increase this AND make a smaller one)
    • Contest STARTS on Tuesday and ends on Sunday
    • 64 Players can Enter
    • There are 4 separate 'Brackets' which are each 1-16 seeded according to THIS WEEKS player ratings. They go in groups of 4. So the top 4 people would get 1,1,1,1 5-8 would get 2,2,2,2, 9-12 would be 3,3,3,3
    • If we don't get 64 teams, then bye's (Blank players) will be filled in the 16th, 15th, 14th seeds etc thereby giving the top seeds first chance at a bye.
    • Seeding's will take place throughout the week (they will change) and they will be based on THIS WEEKS player ratings. If you have no player rating, you will be seeded last.
    • Seeding's will be locked in Monday morning (When we pay out for last week?s player ratings)
    • Very important they are seeded like this: http://www.teamrankings.com/ncaa-tou...acket-2013.pdf So 1 plays 16 then the next one down 8 plays 9

How to determine each round?s winner (Tie breakers):
    1. Still debating this. Should we make this the first match both people play AGAINST each other.. or the entire day?s player rating? I am actually leaning towards the days player rating.. This will give you incentive to play more and finish higher throughout the day..
    2. Entire days player rating
    3. If neither player played, the current weeks player rating
    4. If neither player played this week, coin flip

Payout:
    1st place: 50%
    2nd: 25%
    3rd & 4th: 12.5%

Coming Soon:

On Monday (After the seedings are finalized) you will be able to fill out your "brackets" just like March madness and bet on who will win, who will advance and so on.
    "And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord, for thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand. Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_AtUXdXA_s

Great idea, but I still if the player ratings is for last weeks or this weeks?

Using player rating for the day doesn't necessarily encourage more play - if you come in 2nd in the first tournament, your player rating will be through the roof. I still think the drama of a one game winner advances format gives this thing more legs.

Also, using player ratings for seeding is a good idea, but what's the minimum? On our promo page, the minimum is 8 games; I think that it should be more to get in.

Quote Originally Posted by rivdee View Post
    Using player rating for the day doesn't necessarily encourage more play - if you come in 2nd in the first tournament, your player rating will be through the roof. I still think the drama of a one game winner advances format gives this thing more legs.

Also, using player ratings for seeding is a good idea, but what's the minimum? On our promo page, the minimum is 8 games; I think that it should be more to get in.
    How about we do the one on one tourney in the client? 64 players and you have to have points and a ticket to get into the tourney.

PokerOwned Demi-God
    I had suggested earlier that if you don't play a tournament, you get an equivalent rating as if you had finished right in the middle of the pack for that tournament. This way if you finish 2nd in the first tournament you still have incentive to play the others.

Zab
    Quote Originally Posted by rivdee View Post

You can have 0 to get in, but yes, to be seeded I think you need at least 8.. Otherwise you are seeded last..
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand. Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.

Zab
    Quote Originally Posted by gpahren View Post
    I had suggested earlier that if you don't play a tournament, you get an equivalent rating as if you had finished right in the middle of the pack for that tournament. This way if you finish 2nd in the first tournament you still have incentive to play the others.
    Still need to work this out.. I am almost thinking if you DON'T PLAY head to head.. we take your player ratings score from the entire day.. If we are ONLY taking your player ratings, then you must play in at least 2 tournaments. This would prevent people from playing 1, doing well then being done.

So someone with a player rating of 3.58 and played in 2 tournaments would BEAT someone with a score of 10.14 and played in only 1 tournament

PokerOwned Demi-God
    Quote Originally Posted by Zab View Post
    Still need to work this out.. I am almost thinking if you DON'T PLAY head to head.. we take your player ratings score from the entire day.. If we are ONLY taking your player ratings, then you must play in at least 2 tournaments. This would prevent people from playing 1, doing well then being done.

So someone with a player rating of 3.58 and played in 2 tournaments would BEAT someone with a score of 10.14 and played in only 1 tournament
    The only thing with that is you're pretty much screwed if you can only play one tournament in a day.

Zab
    The only thing with that is you're pretty much screwed if you can only play one tournament in a day.
    Yup.. Noway to avoid that unless we can come up with better tie breakers

If you think about this year's NCAA tournament, what do you remember? That LaSalle and Florida Gulf Coast went on crazy runs as underdogs. I bring this up because my whole concept of this promotion is that ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN IN ONE GAME!!! This isn't "Who was better throughout the day". It's supposed to be a one game format.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast