Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64028.81

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Zab

PokerOwned Insurance

One of the things that really bugs me is people getting screwed in the Loan Shark (And Marketplace).

Here's my thought..

I want to build up an insurance program. Every transfer \ loan \ marketplace I will deduct 1-2% which will go in an 'insurance bank'.

If someone defaults on a loan, you can request "INSURANCE".

I will then take a look at who you insured and make sure nothing shady is going on. 1 of 3 things will happen at that point:

- I will approve your insurance request and you will receive 10-15% of the points owed to you ONCE per week
    - I will approve your entire claim (This would usually happen if you are owed like 45 points or something and 10-15% doesn't make sense)
    - I will deny your request for this week because I think it was a bad loan to make (New person, Multi Accounter, or I think there's some shady stuff going on) or there isn't enough points in the Insurance Pot to cover you.

The idea is you get to try making a claim only once per week, so EVENTUALLY you would get your points back.

You can only get insurance on the principle, not interest or 10% bonus on default.

You can only make a request once per week.

If your loan gets paid off while you were gone or WHATEVER, you still cannot request a loan until you REPAY the any insurance paid + any principle remaining + interest + default.

Thoughts?
    "And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord, for thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand. Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_AtUXdXA_s

Man sound complex zab. I've been thinkin on this as well, buy I think it would work better the other way.

This is what I mean. So, 4% is deducted for promos. Deduct another 4% as insurance against that person only. So, it builds until it reaches 2k or 3k for each member and that is held by you against that member defrauding another member. U can stop after that amount or keep collecting and repay it to each member at the end of each week. It's like a bonus, for being a good member of the community, and insurance against those that would want to defraud the community.

PokerOwned Pro
    fine

I think it sounds like a good idea, but my stance in general about the loans is don't lend what you cannot afford to lose and if you make a bad one, it is a lesson learned.

Zab
    "So, it builds until it reaches 2k or 3k for each member"
    That's A LOT of points especially for new people
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand. Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.

Zab
    Quote Originally Posted by PooffyFooffy View Post
    I think it sounds like a good idea, but my stance in general about the loans is don't lend what you cannot afford to lose and if you make a bad one, it is a lesson learned.
    Yes but the biggest issue is people defaulting on loans.. It's a problem. I don't know what else to do except stop loaning, marketplace, staking and i dont want that at all

Quote Originally Posted by Zab View Post
    That's A LOT of points especially for new people

Of course. no noob would reach it right away. it would take quite awhile. but hey, better than nothings?

Elite PokerOwned Member CoolJakeB's Avatar
    I'm not sure if I like this idea to be honest.

I think the best update to the loan shark right now would be to be able to debt collect multi-accounters other accounts.

Zab
    I dont know if I can do that.. The logistics is hard.. + people use proxies so you'd have to prove their other accounts..

PokerOwned Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by PooffyFooffy View Post
    Personally, I think that if you loan someone points then its on the loaner. It shouldn't be other peoples responsibility to help them out. I have only loaned once, and have never asked for a loan. If I need points I think you provide plenty enough avenues to obtain them. People just need to get off their a** and earn them. I know in some cases people need to ask for a loan, but in the loaner's case it should be all on them if they choose to do so. IMO.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast