Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $63692.38

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Zab

Original Content News \ Blog Postings for Points

Would anyone be interested in this?

Basically the way I have this clicking in my head (LCD gave me the idea) is that people post news \ original content. Depending on the length and quality of the news article (Or perhaps how many times it's been read or SOMETHING) we award points.

Again, must be original and not copied and pasted.

Thoughts?
    "And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord, for thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand. Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_AtUXdXA_s

honestly it sounds like a opening for a spam ground. Someone can google a long article from a poker blog and paste in for points.

20:58 <Poof> I would trade my husband for gisele
    18:37 <thepokerkid> @thepokerkid: and stop thinking about gay things

what do u mean xactly?? I post articles and news i read in the news a lot,, but u mean, we cant cut and paste? I<M not sure i get what u mean ? we have to retype them?

If I am reading this correctly, you would get more points if the post has more quality?? If so I think this would be a great idea!

TON is Gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drywallman3 View Post
    honestly it sounds like a opening for a spam ground. Someone can google a long article from a poker blog and paste in for points.
    Yes, I've seen this in action elsewhere^^^^.
    TON is GONE. Blame the Mods. They stopped caring, or at least that's how it looks and feels.

PokerOwned Demi-God
    might be alright, never know

PokerOwned Moderator CloudyMinded's Avatar
    is this like a blog idea? I think that we could have like a blog thing that would be cool, although I dunno how it would be different than starting one in the forum like usual.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Drywallman3 View Post
    That's why I also recommend a staff member dedicated to moderate this also. Or maybe assigned staff that can only post news and articles. Maybe have to submit application an sample article to be on the team? Great for bringing traffic with good keywords etc. from articles which will get the site more visitors from search engines etc.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CloudyMinded View Post
    is this like a blog idea? I think that we could have like a blog thing that would be cool, although I dunno how it would be different than starting one in the forum like usual.
    I was thinking more like official articles, like pokernews and sites like that have, but not copied, original content.

Quote Originally Posted by LCDaBoss View Post
    That's why I also recommend a staff member dedicated to moderate this also. Or maybe assigned staff that can only post news and articles. Maybe have to submit application an sample article to be on the team? Great for bringing traffic with good keywords etc. from articles which will get the site more visitors from search engines etc.

We actually trid this one before, electing someone who can just be dedicated to monitor the threads but nothing came about................

20:58 <Poof> I would trade my husband for gisele
    18:37 <thepokerkid> @thepokerkid: and stop thinking about gay things

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast