Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70874.75

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Zab

New Upgrade - Staking -

http://www.pokerowned.com/forums/stake.php Live and Ready

Rule #1 - #100 = DO NOT BEG FOR A STAKE. You may ask once every 15-30 mins or so, as long as you aren't annoying about it. Mods will be given instructions to 30 min chat ban anyone who begs for a stake in PM, In chat or on the forum. Don't abuse it

There are 2 types of staking.
    1) PokerOwned Coupon (Carbon) Tournaments
    2) Non-PokerOwned Coupon (Carbon) Tournaments

They are very different from each other so read up!

POKEROWNED COUPON (CARBON) TOURNAMENTS FAQ:

What is this?

For those users who don't have enough points, they can request to be staked in tournaments. This means, any carbon coupon tournament we have listed, you can be staked for.

How can I tell who best TO stake?

Click image below to see an example
    1zx1jpe.jpg

We give you several tools to make your decision should you choose to stake someone.

#1 We show you their ITM % (This is the % they are 'In the money')
    #2 We show you if they are offline or online right now, if you wanted to talk to them in real time working out any details you can think of
    #3 We show you if they are Carbon Verified (This means, they are allowed to transfer money from player to player. Important if that is the method you choose to be paid back).
    #4 We show the amount of times they are staked
    #5 Most important, we show you their feedback %. If they are bad (Like ebay) they get a negative rating and poor feedback. You can also read comments from other users by clicking on the Magnifying glass!!

Who can be staked?

Anyone who has played in at least 10 games at PokerOwned

How do I know if someone has staked me?

You will get a blinking notice right above the chatbox on the main page. Also, if you click the staking page, you will also be able to see it (And accept it). Remember, you MUST accept it!!

The notice will blink and say "SOMEONE HAS STAKED YOU FOR AN UPCOMING TOURNAMENT, YOU MUST CLICK ACCEPT"

How does it work?

Every time you want to be staked, you "Opt in".

Next, someone else comes along, they decide if they want to stake you or not. We show your stake rating % (Like ebay) and any comments users left about you. (Did you pay, were you slow to pay, did everything go ok).

You can be staked in as many tournaments as you like throughout the day but only 1 at a time.

What if I stake someone, how does that work?

As soon as you stake someone, 150 points (The cost of a coupon) is deducted from their account. That person will then be notified they have a pending stake. Your points are instantly deducted from your account. If they person DOES NOT ACCEPT the stake, your points are returned to you, all you need to do is click cancel!
    Either party can click cancel BEFORE a stake is accepted.

What happens if the person doesn't play right away?

If you staked someone and they don't play right away, and they were issued a coupon, the VERY next tournament they play in, is considered the live stake. So if you stake someone at 1pm and they don't play until 10pm, that is the stake. You agree to these terms when you ask for a stake.

Ok sweet, I staked someone and they won money!! How do I get paid?

I don't care HOW the 2 of you work out that you get paid. I don't care if they give you World of Warcraft gold, FTP money, Pokerstars chips.. Whatever way you guys work out to make you 'whole' is up to you. I only give you the tools and show you how much they won.

After you have been made 'whole', you can then leave positive feedback.

What if I stake someone, they win money, and DON'T pay me?

Nothing I can do. That is why I created the rating system. If you leave them bad feedback, they aren't likely to get staked in the future.

NON-POKEROWNED COUPON TOURNAMENTS FAQ:

What is this?

Similar to the staking mentioned above, this is staking for ANY site, ANY tournament. Things aren't as automatic when we do it this way though. Everything is explained below.

What is different?

You will have to add the tournament ID #, the site you want to be staked, How much of a TOTAL stake you need and your screen name.

As a backer, what is this collateral?

As a backer, or someone who gives stakes, you can ask that the person you are staking to put up some points (That they will get back if everything goes well). This is sort of an insurance policy in case the person cuts and runs. When you are asking for a stake, the backer can "request collateral", it is up to you if you accept the terms or not.

Once you accept the terms, those points are taken from you and sent to escrow like the marketplace. If you don't have enough points, then you cannot accept that person's stake.

What happens if I stake someone and they say they lost (but really didn't) or they don't pay me?

Buyer Beware.... Don't stake people you don't trust or don't feel they have a good feedback system. That's the best I can tell you. You are on your own here. Leave them negative feedback and that WILL hurt them.

What if they lose, can I keep the collateral points?

NO
    Last edited by Zab; 07-30-2012 at 04:23 PM.
    "And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord, for thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand. Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_AtUXdXA_s

Elite PokerOwned Member
    great idea hope it woks out

Sergeant
    Great idea..

Yeah It's a great idea
    PokerStars: ProBlackbird | Betsson: ProBlackbird | Party Poker: UnknownFlush

Zab
    This is now live.. Feedback as always, especially if something is broken
    "And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord, for thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand. Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_AtUXdXA_s

Knight-Lieutenant
    Pretty cool idea. Also, for people to have to play atleast 10 pokerowned games to get staked - for the people that didn't play don't have the opportunity to mooch and come in just for this. Nice work Zab!

Banned
    i love the whole idea.... Zab just keeps making the site better!!!!!!!

Elite PokerOwned Member
    sounds good thanks again Zab

this is great!!!!

Elite PokerOwned Member
    I would be interested in staking solid players willing to pay the money on Poker Stars. I can't freeroll a bankroll over there, and this seems like an excellent way to get money into my account without depositing. Thanks for the upgrade!

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast