Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70664.38

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Lucky Number"

Survey Master

Lightbulb "Lucky Number"

So I had this thought come to me.. Awhile ago, I had said something about putting a lucky number and whoever is the "Lucky Number" when they lose will get a hundred points..

But then I was like... What about this?

Say there is a set prize pool added by the site of 50-100 points.

Users bid for 10-20 points 1-5 times per tournament or a set amount of allotted times.. (Not figured out.. Remember, this is an idea.. and hasn't even been preposed to Zab.) Depending on the amount of entrants after 10 minutes, the System will record back how many players are in the tournament.

So lets say 70 people are in a tournament.

There are 50 numbers for the tournament that have been bought.

When Late Registration closes, the System will record back the # of players in the tournament & a player is chosen at random to be the "Lucky Number."
    There are 50 different numbers distributed in this case (AT RANDOM) for this tournament..

So if the Lucky Player loses at place 30 and someone has it, they will win the prizepool..

In the event that the number was not recorded for the tournament due to not enough tickets being passed out, that prize pool will be carried to the next tournament.

Con - There should be a limit to how many "tickets" can be bought according to how many are registered for the current tournament.. Majority of tickets may be sold around the start time or right before..

What do you all think of this... I love feedback!

-DS

Zab
    Would you want the lucky displayed during the tournament (People might try to lose in said place to try and win those points)

If you don't show the lucky # then it might take some of the fun out of it to
    "And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord, for thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand. Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_AtUXdXA_s

Survey Master
    The numbers will be shown publicly with the Lucky Person not being shown until after the tournament has been completed.

People can complain that it was "rigged" or something... then they don't need to participate in it... Just like supposedly how the Raffle is rigged for Moderators...

Zab
    So.. you would need to own that spot AND land on it?

So if you have lucky #25 and you end on #25 then you win?

Or the lucky # is 25 and whoever lands on it gets it?
    "And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord, for thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand. Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_AtUXdXA_s

Yeah if the number is public it might lead to people intentionally trying to lose just to finish in that place.

Would have to be hidden in order to work.

Survey Master
    no.. There is a person picked after the start of the tournament.

People buy tickets 1-5 tickets per person and they are randomly given a number at 10 minutes or w/e after Late Reg. is over.

The number is posted for every user.

The lucky person will not be exposed until AFTER the tournament (whom was also chosen randomly) to avoid collusion.

Say Player A was chosen and they go out at 45th place.

Player B bought in for 20 points and they were given numbers 22 and 45.

After the end of the tournament Player A was exposed as the Lucky Person and Player B will be paid accordingly..

The numbers for each person can be exposed publicly at the start.

so someone wins every game then. or should it also randomly remove lets say 5% of the numbers and see who its over maybe 2 or 3 games so the prize pool builds
    poker terminology-
    Drawing Dead: If you call and hit your one outer.... I will kill you..!

PokerOwned Demi-God
    ideas are abound zab
    awesome idea

Survey Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jbetta01 View Post
    so someone wins every game then. or should it also randomly remove lets say 5% of the numbers and see who its over maybe 2 or 3 games so the prize pool builds
    This is supposed to be a regular prizepool, not a progressive.
    The only case it would get carried over is when not enough tickets were bought and the lucky person does not land on any of the lucky numbers that were bought.

oh ok good idea im down
    poker terminology-
    Drawing Dead: If you call and hit your one outer.... I will kill you..!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast