Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64776.68

View Poll Results: How did you find PokerOwned?

Voters
270. You may not vote on this poll
  • Carbon Poker Tournament

104 38.52%
  • Full Tilt Poker Tournament

19 7.04%
  • PokerStars Tournament

65 24.07%
  • Aced Tournament

3 1.11%
  • Black Chip Poker Tournament

7 2.59%
  • Juicy Stakes Tournament

6 2.22%
  • Lock Tournament

4 1.48%
  • Bovada Tournament

9 3.33%
  • Google Search

27 10.00%
  • Friend

26 9.63%
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NateVest View Post
    I noticed you started advertising on the biggest poker forum platforms on the web like 2+2 and maybe cardschat (that is definitely a great strategy), and that will definitely get the Poker Owned name out there. Posting the link on your Facebook is a good idea, but use your referral link, so Zab and the mods realize how important the referral bonus program is. Maybe even have a promotion for new members that they get a free ticket to the room they used PO's referral link to create their account through Poker Owned since you would get the affiliate credit for their referral to that site. The only other thing I could think of is more Poker Owned branded prizes like treeman was saying b/c I also play live A LOT and would have been more than happy to rock the Poker Owned gear to the Derby Poker Championship. I noticed how Hogwild got their name out so quick and its a lot to do with chips with their logo, HWP hats, t-shirts, stickers, iron on patches, etc. So maybe you could use these as promotional prizes for people that win jackpots, b2b, grinders challenge, etc. Or even sell them, I know I would buy them now. I think if you had a game on ACR and a game on True Poker, you would have hit every poker site that is legit and would then have a game on them all. Players using the Team PO logo has also created buzz. Last idea, create a league at HWP and other sites like this to get our name out there and let the poker community get familiar with Poker Owned players.
    In my opinion it would be very beneficial to advertise on other forums like Part Time Poker, but the shirts, chip protectors, hats, iron-on patches, and bumper stickers are free advertisement. (Other than the cost of ordering them) Also giving the PO members the option to buy them with points, poker room money, GDMP, or PayPal would be a good idea too.

well im oldschool stumbled upon the site after seeing it listed on merge, i think that now ull get most of your new members from stars as the eurotards seem to outnumber everyone but for steady decent users merge will still be ure best form trick is how to advertise on there...
    17:51 <PooffyFooffy> not everyone screws up things the way I can
    20:27 <PooffyFooffy> I could use all the help I can get, lol
    <PooffyFooffy>lol I have my share of duh moments, regularly, lol

The only other way I can think to really market Poker Owned is to reach out to magazine publications to see how much a small ad would cost in popular poker magazines and websites like Bluff Mag, Card Player, or any site or publication that would be affordable to advertise on. It is awesome to see Poker Owned grow as much as it has in the time I have been on with the forum. Kudos to all involved in improving the site, promos, features, etc. You are growing this place but the numbers may not show it like Zab was saying, numbers started dropping in January. Lets all make a conscious effort to get some good people in here. We are partly in control of who comes into the community, so if we only invite drama-free, trustworthy people/players the site will be better because of this. If you know any players that would fit in, send them a referral link. I am trying to get my friends from other forums in Poker Owned because the more good players that come in, the better and higher level competition you will get (and the lower the percentage of donkeys in the process ha ha) jk jk
    Last edited by NateVest; 05-12-2013 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by azreal1 View Post
    well im oldschool stumbled upon the site after seeing it listed on merge, i think that now ull get most of your new members from stars as the eurotards seem to outnumber everyone but for steady decent users merge will still be ure best form trick is how to advertise on there...
    Ever since Zab added Black Chip Poker and Bovada, I have heard a bigger buzz about this place outside of here, so I think adding more US friendly sites like ACR and True Poker will definitely get more US players on board. It seems like US players definitely outnumber any other nationality on the site. US players is what seems to be the group that fuels this site and is on daily.

Seasoned Veteran
    PokerStars tornament
    TiltBook.tk - a poker social network with 10346 members already! - 50$ Daily PokerStars Freerolls

Quote Originally Posted by NateVest View Post
    Ever since Zab added Black Chip Poker and Bovada, I have heard a bigger buzz about this place outside of here, so I think adding more US friendly sites like ACR and True Poker will definitely get more US players on board. It seems like US players definitely outnumber any other nationality on the site. US players is what seems to be the group that fuels this site and is on daily.
    exactly eurotards come on try and scam the password leave and never come back, us/uk players come bother to learn about the site make an impression and stick around
    17:51 <PooffyFooffy> not everyone screws up things the way I can
    20:27 <PooffyFooffy> I could use all the help I can get, lol
    <PooffyFooffy>lol I have my share of duh moments, regularly, lol

Elite PokerOwned Member shellabella's Avatar
    I found PO through another site, actually. When several Pokerowned people joined the Poker.org league and I mean 'several'..I was interested to know where they all came from. So, I was encouraged to just simply signup at Pokerowned, through StephyMarieC. I had seen the Pokerowned freerolls on Carbon, but wasn't interested enough at that time to look into who and what Pokerowned was. Took me a few months to get on to the format to play the freerolls, eventually I got enough points to play a couple, and didn't mind the experience of playing online poker with this group. That was many months ago and here I am.

PokerOwned Veteran
    Playing free rolls at carbon and I noticed the pokerowned free roll. Quick Google search and here I am. Really love the idea of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zab View Post
    I should pay someone some points to take over and make the facebook page active
    I would be interested in taking over the Facebook page and maintain it. I wouldn't expect payment in PO points until you see results. I think Twitter would also be a great platform. I have a Twitter account now with a lot of followers that I can start following Poker Owned and get a buzz on Twitter about it. This social media is the direction we need to go in and networking with other forums like 2+2 because you will draw in both the recreational player, and also the daily grinder. This would bring more healthy competition to PO and bring in the volume needed to get to the next level. Thanks for putting so much time and effort into our enjoyment Zab.
    Last edited by NateVest; 05-12-2013 at 12:26 PM.

Elite PokerOwned Member
    the honest truth i cant remember now was so long ago lol

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast