Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $71125.27

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I'm gonna start by saying I'm not trolling here lol

Heres a possibility (not saying I want this and I'm sure I'm getting threatening calls later), what about setting up a 48 hour time delay on points for posting? Easy to implement (if you needed idea how to let me know) but here's some benefits

A. reduce spam bot types: If a program is set to auto post, it may have issues determining success without points added, so may stop or reduce that activity

B. Less need for reporting upgrade due to mods having enough time to clear out posts before you get free points

C If used with the reporting upgrade instead, allows time for moderators to go thru moderated posts before points added, both B and C should reduce human spamming as they know it'll get caught (and addressed) before they can even get points.

D With a reduced count of spam (and warnings applied to members who still try) you could possibly expand the free point system for quality posts, perhaps 10 points for thread starting and a higher cap then 20 per day (this is assuming the cap was in part due to forum spamming)

This is only a possible suggestion and i'm sure there are other benefits (and possible issues) that could be taken from this, take it as you will
    Always Remember Your Roots

Makeup Owed: http://www.pokerowned.com/forums/f31/makeup-thread-post-your-makeup-here-27604.html

LJM3000
    not a bad idea zab, more points for good posts would be awesome. Maybe 5 points for a was this thread helpful option. I'm sure you'll figure something out. You seem to have all the answers..........ZAB, whats the meaning of life? haha keep up the great work!

nothing u do minus getting rid of the points for posting altogether will rid of spam, having users do the mods work for them wont help either as others have said too cliquey in this place

just make a rep system +1 for good posts -1 for bad ones make it visible for all to see that way if someone consistantly gets -1's mods can take a futher look into why they are getting such feedback

it will make it easier to spot, malicious posters/spam bots and general retarded fuckery

as well as pointing out who the good/useful posters are enabling n00bs to find who to ask/talk to on an issue
    17:51 <PooffyFooffy> not everyone screws up things the way I can
    20:27 <PooffyFooffy> I could use all the help I can get, lol
    <PooffyFooffy>lol I have my share of duh moments, regularly, lol

Quote Originally Posted by azreal1 View Post
    nothing u do minus getting rid of the points for posting altogether will rid of spam, having users do the mods work for them wont help either as others have said too cliquey in this place

just make a rep system +1 for good posts -1 for bad ones make it visible for all to see that way if someone consistantly gets -1's mods can take a futher look into why they are getting such feedback

it will make it easier to spot, malicious posters/spam bots and general retarded fuckery

as well as pointing out who the good/useful posters are enabling
    n00bs to find who to ask/talk to on an issue
    Agree about the rep system on the positive side, revenge downgrading posts or just peeps hating on an opinion or something make n neg point giving a bad idea. Could split the difference though, 10 point cap to cut chit posts + points thru positive repping (with cap to avoid abuse) might work to get more people putting less spam and actually read the posts
    Always Remember Your Roots

Makeup Owed: http://www.pokerowned.com/forums/f31/makeup-thread-post-your-makeup-here-27604.html

Zab
    This is probably 4th on my list of major upgrades
    "And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord, for thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand. Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_AtUXdXA_s

PokerOwned Demi-God
    that would b a cool idea on the post. Maybe for the members that have been here a certain mount of time, could get a bump for real legit post. you'll always gonna have those that spam though so it is a tough call.

Quote Originally Posted by s810car View Post
    Agree about the rep system on the positive side, revenge downgrading posts or just peeps hating on an opinion or something make n neg point giving a bad idea. Could split the difference though, 10 point cap to cut chit posts + points thru positive repping (with cap to avoid abuse) might work to get more people putting less spam and actually read the posts
    well no because the neg rating wouldnt actually do anything other than give the mods a heads up and just as with the infractions can be reversed if they have been given unduly u cant have one without the other
    17:51 <PooffyFooffy> not everyone screws up things the way I can
    20:27 <PooffyFooffy> I could use all the help I can get, lol
    <PooffyFooffy>lol I have my share of duh moments, regularly, lol

I'm sure that some people think of spam posts differently than other users, although it would be pretty cool for users to declare a post as spam. In my opinion it would work best with just a handful of the top pokerowned players being able to declare a post a spam.
    Our body is the temple of God. No man shalt mix clay with iron will surely perish.

I like the idea because I think the upgrade would get rid of the trolls. Give members the option similar to Facebook to report spam. It would only give the forum some depth and much needed content. There are too many that is just clogging up the threads with something off topic or a post that does not even make sense. Nice to see this upgrade is on the PO to do list.
    Last edited by NateVest; 01-05-2014 at 02:38 PM.

Elite PokerOwned Member
    It's getting', it's getting', it's gettin' kinda heavy

(I've got the power)
    He's gonna break my heart
    He's gonna break my heart of hearts
    He's gonna break my heart
    He's gonna break my heart of hearts
    (I've got the power, oh, oh, oh)

(I've got the power)