Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $66696.82

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Zab

Find the flaws in my Anti-Scaming Upgrade

Anti-Scam Upgrade

Every user must read and agree to the terms (Pop up that happens once for users). The pop up will say:

For all trades that happen OUTSIDE of the marketplace (if you are trading something for points, use the marketplace), you MUST use this form (link to the form) when doing trades.
    If you do not use this form, and you get scammed, we will not help you in any way, shape or form. This Outside of the Marketplace (link to page) is designed to help you make a better determination of who you are dealing with. This is not to say you won't get scammed, but we are giving you all the information we can to help you make an informed decision.

Simple tips:
    1. Don't trade with new people, this INCLUDES STAKING
    2. Don't trade with people who have a shady history
    3. Don't trade with people who bubble chat you constantly and you have no idea who they are
    4. For the Marketplace, NEVER EVER release the points early until you get what you are trading for.
    5. If you aren't sure, ASK.

(This will also be a static banner in all the forums for all new users for 2 months)
    Outside Marketplace Trades Area

- New drop down under the trade menu (Trading Area - Outside of the Marketplace) name TBD still
    - Page 1 - Enter the person's name you want to trade with
    - Page 2 - Show all the information like we do other trades \ loans. Show your trades and then show every one's trades.
    - Button to start a new trade (Only you and other person can see this, like Marketplace)
    - When a trade is STARTED - Page 1 (After you type their name in) the follow information is displayed (Since this page could be quite long, everything should open when you click it, start some things collapsed, will explain) FROM BACKGROUND CHECK PAGE:

1. Expanded - User Details (Person can click a button to ask the other user to verify themselves, the other use can accept or deny. Warning: Denying the verification request will cancel the trade -> tell the users when they click deny)
    2. Expanded - Mod Threat Level
    3. (Not on background check page) - Expanded - Past Non-Marketplace trades and status \ details \ history (Can click on it and read the logs from if there was a problem, what the trade was etc..)
    4. Collapsed - Loan Details
    5. Collapsed (But show the #) - Negative Feedbacks
    6. Collapsed (But show the #) - Positive Feedbacks
    ? There will be a button at the top of the page that says "I understand who I am trading with and have reviewed the background information on them, I wish to proceed?"

- Page 3 will be the form you complete with the following information:
    1. Already shows who you are trading with
    2. What YOU are trading
    3. What the OTHER PERSON is trading
    4. What the TERMS are (How long, what % split, etc)
    5. Once submitted, the other party will see that there's a trade request for them (They will get a PM like we do now with the Marketplace).
    6. When the other party goes to the page, he will see Page 2 (Clicks Agree and Continue), then will see page 3 with the terms.. At that point he can agree to the terms or cancel

- When the trade is in progress we show the status: Open (Both sides have not agreed yet), In Progress, Completed, Problem (In Red). Other users can always click on trades to see the terms and if there?s a problem read the back and forth.
    - Allow users (Either party) to -Submit a complaint- Or -I have been scammed-
    - Both users can respond back and forth. The mods and admin can also post back and forth (like a ticket) and ask questions. Allow users to attach images for proof
    - The Mods and Admins can then change the status and post their findings and what they determined who got scammed (If someone did)
    - Give Mods \ Admins the ability (On the Mod powers page) to send someone to -Scammer- (Much like being -red- but also removes their ability to use the loan shark, marketplace and outside marketplace trades).

- Later Upgrade: Mods \ Admins can set a Point Value on the scam.. That is, how many points need to be repaid to make this scam -go away- and the user that was scammed made whole. We will garnish points and\or the user can earn enough points to repay it all at once.
    Last edited by Zab; 12-10-2013 at 10:25 AM.
    "And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord, for thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand. Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_AtUXdXA_s

Looks good - at what point does the issue elevate to it becoming public knowledge? During the complaint stage or after x amount of days?

Best Poets of All time<br/>
    <br/>
    https://www.facebook.com/KenLWayt/

Zab
    Quote Originally Posted by rivdee View Post
    Looks good - at what point does the issue elevate to it becoming public knowledge? During the complaint stage or after x amount of days?
    Always, I want transparency
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand. Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.

I think this will work well once it's in place. It gives everyone as much information as possible about who they are trading with. Someone being labeled as a scammer will stand out.

If this thread needs notarizing let me know.

Best Poets of All time<br/>
    <br/>
    https://www.facebook.com/KenLWayt/

i think something about paypal trades should be noted (gift)
    <StephyMarieC> erik!!!!! yay you've always been one of my favorites hehe <scorcher863> i kinda want to smoke some meth, then play poker for like 3 days straight

Zab
    Quote Originally Posted by potfan42o View Post
    i think something about paypal trades should be noted (gift)
    How so

PokerOwned God
    Looks good, I appreciate everything what helps against scammers.

Elite PokerOwned Member WECpoker's Avatar
    Nothing will be perfect against the scamming community, but you can make a big dent by taking the positive steps that are currently being created. People will always find a way to get the 'easy' money from stealing from online players. Thank You for making moves to remove the easy found slime from this site.

Quote Originally Posted by Zab View Post
    - Later Upgrade: Mods \ Admins can set a Point Value on the scam..
    My old site focused on stakes and used a point system mod that can auto ban or move to diff usergroup (scammer or red or w/e). EXCELLENT upgrade and automates it so when the mod add points it effects whatever permissions you want (block forums, hide promo blocks). Good thing to think about

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast