Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64269.4

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Elite PokerOwned Member
    OMG my brain hurts after reading this.... lol
    Last edited by gefishy; 07-13-2011 at 04:13 PM. Reason: didn't change anything... meant to "reply with quote"

Before I get to crazy with my ideas, a couple questions:

Do you have any way of easily tracking any of these statistics:

- Number of tournaments a member has opted into (removing the refunds of course)
    - Number of tournaments a member finished ITM
    - Rosters for tournaments already completed (and if so, how far back do they go)
    - For each member, a chronological list of where they finished in every tournament they played

If you want to have it where the rankings are at "0" for everybody and then going forward are tracked, we won't even need those last 2 stats.
    Last edited by gefishy; 07-13-2011 at 04:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JBrazon View Post
    OMG my brain hurts after reading this.... lol
    I heart math. Maybe that shoulda been my major... Regardless, when this is figured out we should have a pretty freakin' solid ranking system. It's a pain now, but it will make for solid data later

Zab
    Do you have any way of easily tracking any of these statistics:

- Number of tournaments a member has opted into (removing the refunds of course) YES we track them
    - Number of tournaments a member finished ITM YES, again tracked
    - Rosters for tournaments already completed (and if so, how far back do they go) YES tracked
    - For each member, a chronological list of where they finished in every tournament they played A little more tricky.. not 100% sure..

If you want to have it where the rankings are at "0" for everybody and then going forward are tracked, we won't even need those last 2 stats

Yes we'd probably restart everyone at 0
    "And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord, for thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand. Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_AtUXdXA_s

Sweet. Then I say that your equation will work wonderfully. See if I got this right:

As people opt-in to the tournament, or after the tournament begins, we track the average ITM of that tournament's field:

(Total number of all-time finished ITM for all the members who are currently opted in)
    /
    (Total number of all-time opt-ins for all the members who are currently opted in)

This gives us most accurate Total Average ITM number.

Then when the tournament is over, we use your equation with the refined Total Average ITM number:

(Number of Players)X(Total Average ITM)X(Place Finished*)= Strength of Tournament Points
    *place finished would be inverted: EX 30 players means 1st is worth 30, 2nd worth 29, so on

This would give us a total score for each individual user for each tournament modified by the strength of that tournament.

Then simply create a LeaderBoard that shows 1st place having the highest score and so on. In order to qualify for the leaderboard, you have to have played in a certain number of tournaments (say 25?)

Make sense?

Zab
    ya I think that works.. Total players * ITM % avg * your place inverted

I'll setup a leaderboard all time ranking system + weekly contest (Min 7 tourneys to qualify)
    "And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord, for thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand. Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_AtUXdXA_s

Quote Originally Posted by Zab View Post
    ya I think that works.. Total players * ITM % avg * your place inverted

I'll setup a leaderboard all time ranking system + weekly contest (Min 7 tourneys to qualify)

Pff, that wasn't so hard

I would suggest that we run a test with this first before rolling it out. Make sure the data works before losing too many points...

Maybe create a page for it like you would if it were live but don't let anybody access it yet. Let the numbers run for a week and then check it to see if it makes sense?

I'm creating a simulation right now with 25 fake members and 5 tournaments to see what happens. I will post it up here when I am done.

Strike that, the simulation is taking too long. Not doing it anymore
    Last edited by gefishy; 07-13-2011 at 06:24 PM. Reason: Not doing simulation anymore

PokerOwned God
    Really donīt understand what you are talking about, lol

It is also worth considering that a persons Strength of Tournament Points total should be divided by the number of tournaments they played in. This way people don't get an unfair advantage if they play in 15 tournaments as opposed to 7. Make sense?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast