Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $63924.11

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Zab

Buy a piece staking upgrade

So I am getting an idea on a staking upgrade.

Obviously would only work at ACR or BCP (Lock as well).. Perhaps even Pokerstars or FTP if it got popular

Would work like this:

APPROVED TRUSTED MEMBERS would be allow to say "I want to be staked in this tournament, on this site, at this time.. and this is the cost"

He could set the terms... I need XX amount of the buyin for XX%

So example:

Prawney says I want to buy into the $100 GTD tournament at 9pm. It costs $11 total. I want to sell $6.00 of my action for 50% of the winnings.

Now here's where the PO members come in.

They can put in as little as 1% up to 100% of the money he wants IN POKEROWNED POINTS.

Let's use a round # 500 points = $1.00 for arguments sake.

If Prawney wants $6.00 then we would need 3000 points to get him what he wants.

If we do get 3000 points in people staking, then there's a redeem for $6.00 that gets done
    If we don't get 3000 points in people staking, then it's cancelled and everyone is refunded.

If he doesn't play then it's cancelled and everyone is refunded.

If he wins money, he is to transfer the money to everyone who staked him

This is why it has to be trusted members only
    "And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord, for thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand. Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_AtUXdXA_s

PokerOwned Veteran
    sounds good

do it
    "Success is a science; if you have the conditions, you will get the results" -Oscar Wilde

MY CAPS LOCK IS BROKEN!

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

I whine like a 5 year old girl
    +1 turtle cant use it tho lol
    <TONelson> F'real I am glad you are still a MOD here man. You give a shit. That matters

Zab
    Like everything else, I am worried if I build it, it won't get used
    "And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord, for thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand. Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_AtUXdXA_s

I whine like a 5 year old girl
    advertise it as hooker and booze and itll be used lol
    that is the only bad thing tho zab but i think it will be used
    <TONelson> F'real I am glad you are still a MOD here man. You give a shit. That matters

TON is Gone.
    Only way I would stake... and I have plenty available to stake with
    TON is GONE. Blame the Mods. They stopped caring, or at least that's how it looks and feels.

PokerOwned Veteran
    Is this still available if so I would be interested!

All right guess I'll give some input

While good in theory, biggest issue I have with this is the requirement of 100% sold to be redeemed. There should be a method if lets say 50% or maybe a min like 30% must be sold to process this. This would allow people who do use it to get some action if a BAP is only partially sold, plus if there's extended amount of time (like a week or so) before the game it would be a shame to tie up the points and then its not sold so those points were tied up just to be refunded. I think there can be some protection as well, as 1. they must have the money to play the game anyways and the redeem only happens if they play the game and ship the winnings as agreed (If they can set their price so they can do markup this could be a good incentive as well). 2. If they should cash and not ship they could be either banned from using the feature or (milder) a dispute function like the off site trade default until it is resolved.

All in all not a bad idea, my biggest issue with it is needing a partial sellout option, If you have to sell 100% every time I guarantee this will die out fast, and I wouldn't use it to sell action or buy any without this (a min % is fine but to have to sell 100% of w/e you offer won't cut it)
    Always Remember Your Roots

Makeup Owed: http://www.pokerowned.com/forums/f31/makeup-thread-post-your-makeup-here-27604.html

PokerOwned Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Zab View Post
    Like everything else, I am worried if I build it, it won't get used
    This would get used.

I think you need to upgrade or better utilize the PokerOwned News section of the homepage. I check out the forums semi-regularly and still miss out on new stuff all the time. Even if you just put the link to the forum page up, it would generate more clicks and spread the word better. It couldn't hurt; it's pretty much dead space right now.
    I thought hurricane season was over!

So close now I can taste the disappointment

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast