Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64222.91

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by azreal1 View Post
    dude i get where you are coming from but the issue here isnt the defaulters, its the scammers and people that default through the loan shark are an annoyance at most because you are GTD to get the points owed to you back minus the interest...and until the interest is paid they stay in default, and i for one like the fact that there are 400 people on that list that cannot win B2B that cannot with grinder, that cannot win any high hand pools etc etc etc, its better for us honest members as it means there is a good chance the prizepool will increase and make us more money in the long run, they also cannot ask for more than one loan at a time and if they start asking for market place loans because they are in default they are less likely to get it....

in conclusion focus on the real issue, the issue of old/known scammers making new accounts and trying to get shit outside of the system in place which is what zab is doing
    lol you need to keep that secret!!

20:58 <Poof> I would trade my husband for gisele
    18:37 <thepokerkid> @thepokerkid: and stop thinking about gay things

Bad place to make first post I know, i'm sure to get to intro post soon (been thread deep educating myself how the site works) but wanted to post an opinion on a current issue that I have had years experience with (used to run a staking site, I'm sure I'll be soap boxing these topics once in awhile lol). The site I ran had its policy for first 2 years, starting from the previous owner, insta-ban all rollers, no matter how big or small. First superficial problem is that slows growth exponentially, second misunderstandings would happen (went to bed after late game, woke up banned for appearing to roll), and most important, GUARANTEED loss of money. Only after a year of convincing from my mods did we change policy and put on severe restriction the players accounts instead, did we start getting paybacks and much happier members about removing the Nazi-bans. Big props to Zab for a good system setup, at least from first impression

Elite PokerOwned Member PimpGameNM's Avatar
    Simple method of not getting scammed. Don't get scammed

Zab
    This is what I have so far:

Marketplace Anti- Scam Upgrade
    • All trades (Outside the marketplace) to be posted using a new form (Which will be posted in the Marketplace new upgrade area) *** Warning *** If you do NOT use this form when trading outside of the marketplace, DO NOT COMPLAIN IF YOU GET SCAMMED. I WILL NOT HELP YOU
    • Form will include: Other party trading with, terms, how each party intends to get paid, length of payment
    • When you submit the form, both parties MUST view the form and click “I Accept”
    • From the form, you will be able to see all the background information on each user. This will give new users a chance to see who they are dealing with.
    • You will have the option to verify yourself (Phone Verification which is free or the ID verification which will cost 1000-1500 points). The idea is, if you are trading with someone, you might force them to get verified first.
    • You will be able to leave “Outside the marketplace” feedback on people
    • If there’s any issues with you (Scamming or anything), you will lose your ability to use this form, loan shark, marketplace, poker client, all promotions until you repay your debt. Any new or old accounts associated with a ‘tainted account’ will be under the same punishment. (Mods will be able to send these users to this new account status
    • Force users to read a thread (Or agree) at least 1 time or once a month.
    • Banner for new users (Warnings) This banner will stay active for a period of 1-2 months. Basically tells all new users (Reminds them) to use the form, check background on people, don't release pts early etc..
    I’ve been scammed (Fill out a form.. by who, circumstances etc..) only the person who has been accused can respond. This shows up on the background check (Scam Charges). List that shows all previous scams (So we can keep track of all scams, sort by date, user). Admin can change the status of the scam to: Resolved by all parties (Won’t show up on background check or list for users, only Mods and Admins), Open (Scammer didn’t respond), Closed (Mods \ Admin determined it was a scam). If you have been determined to scam, you will lose all your chat, posting, bubble abilities until you make the other party whole again and repay your debts.

The "I've been scammed" form will likely be a separate upgrade.
    Last edited by Zab; 12-09-2013 at 12:25 PM.
    "And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord, for thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand. Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_AtUXdXA_s

Nice work in progress Zab.

Mostly good...one thing I'd like to change:

"I’ve been scammed (Fill out a form.. by who, circumstances etc..) only the person who has been accused can respond. This shows up on the background check (Scam Charges). List that shows all previous scams (So we can keep track of all scams, sort by date, user). Admin can change the status of the scam to: Resolved by all parties (Won’t show up on background check or list for users, only Mods and Admins), Open (Scammer didn’t respond), Closed (Mods \ Admin determined it was a scam). If you have been determined to scam, you will lose all your chat, posting, bubble abilities until you make the other party whole again and repay your debts."

I don't think people that scam once should be eligible for any of these things, at least not immediately.

Maybe we need to implement a "rehabilitation system" where if the user is A. Clear of all debt and B. Scam free for x amount of months they are able to use the site at it's fullest.

Best Poets of All time<br/>
    <br/>
    https://www.facebook.com/KenLWayt/

Zab
    If you scam once, you don't get access to anything.. Not bubble chat, not promotions.. nothing.. You can still earn points (To pay off your debt hopefully)

Maybe we can garnish their points, a small % like we do with the loan shark
    "And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord, for thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand. Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_AtUXdXA_s

PokerOwned Demi-God bigphatmike's Avatar
    out of 400 names there is prolly onlya third of that isactual pp, they make a new account and get you to loan them more.

PokerOwned Demi-God bigphatmike's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zab View Post
    This is what I have so far:

Marketplace Anti- Scam Upgrade
    • All trades (Outside the marketplace) to be posted using a new form (Which will be posted in the Marketplace new upgrade area) *** Warning *** If you do NOT use this form when trading outside of the marketplace, DO NOT COMPLAIN IF YOU GET SCAMMED. I WILL NOT HELP YOU
    • Form will include: Other party trading with, terms, how each party intends to get paid, length of payment
    • When you submit the form, both parties MUST view the form and click “I Accept”
    • From the form, you will be able to see all the background information on each user. This will give new users a chance to see who they are dealing with.
    • You will have the option to verify yourself (Phone Verification which is free or the ID verification which will cost 1000-1500 points). The idea is, if you are trading with someone, you might force them to get verified first.
    • You will be able to leave “Outside the marketplace” feedback on people
    • If there’s any issues with you (Scamming or anything), you will lose your ability to use this form, loan shark, marketplace, poker client, all promotions until you repay your debt. Any new or old accounts associated with a ‘tainted account’ will be under the same punishment. (Mods will be able to send these users to this new account status
    • Force users to read a thread (Or agree) at least 1 time or once a month.
    • Banner for new users (Warnings) This banner will stay active for a period of 1-2 months. Basically tells all new users (Reminds them) to use the form, check background on people, don't release pts early etc..
    I’ve been scammed (Fill out a form.. by who, circumstances etc..) only the person who has been accused can respond. This shows up on the background check (Scam Charges). List that shows all previous scams (So we can keep track of all scams, sort by date, user). Admin can change the status of the scam to: Resolved by all parties (Won’t show up on background check or list for users, only Mods and Admins), Open (Scammer didn’t respond), Closed (Mods \ Admin determined it was a scam). If you have been determined to scam, you will lose all your chat, posting, bubble abilities until you make the other party whole again and repay your debts.

The "I've been scammed" form will likely be a separate upgrade.
    about the phone verificiation? how does this work, a friend of mine that is unfairly beign criticized as being me, which he isnt obv, was given a phone verification, he said poffycalled him and she said he wasstill lying. idk the whole story but he was pretty upset about the whole thing and was perma banned because they think that theperson is me.. why i haveno fucing clue

Quote Originally Posted by bigphatmike View Post
    about the phone verificiation? how does this work, a friend of mine that is unfairly beign criticized as being me, which he isnt obv, was given a phone verification, he said poffycalled him and she said he wasstill lying. idk the whole story but he was pretty upset about the whole thing and was perma banned because they think that theperson is me.. why i haveno fucing clue
    Just stop...seriously.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast