Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70664.38

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Zab

Anti-Fraud, Proxy, Telephone Verification System

I am actively trying to eliminate fraud and proxy servers. I spent the last several hours looking up what I can do.

I want to make sure whatever I do, isn't intrusive to the user experience, so this is what I am purposing (FOR NEW USERS)

? Add telephone # in sign up form
    ? Add Proxstop
    ? Add Telephone lookup
    ? Add a spot where I can look up a user, it will show their IP location, their telephone location and what prox stop says about them. If anything looks fishy, the user then has to pass telesign (Give me information on that after they complete it)

So basically when a new user signs up now, they will have to enter their phone #. That phone # is then looked up by a system that I can buy. The phone # will give me information that I can use later on like the location of the phone etc.. I can then compare that to the IP the new user used to login.

Then I'll get a report on the likely hood the user is using a proxy server.

Next, if anything looks fishy, or they are a new user earning points, I will then do the final step, send them to a telephone verification system which actually calls you giving you a code to the number you used when you signed up.

So, to recap.. If you are a new user you will have to pass these new tests (If you look suspicious or at anytime other users suspect something)

1. Proxy Check
    2. Phone # location vs. IP you signed up
    3. Telephone call verification
    "And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord, for thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand. Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_AtUXdXA_s

good idea zab

That is an excellent idea Zab, and unfortunately pretty necessary.

PokerOwned God
    sounds like a great idea, zab. i hope it helps and is easy to do.

PokerOwned Pro
    I'm all for stopping fraud, just curious what specifically you are trying to stop, multi-accounting? banned people re-signing up?

Zab
    Quote Originally Posted by tta91690 View Post
    I'm all for stopping fraud, just curious what specifically you are trying to stop, multi-accounting? banned people re-signing up?
    Yes to all
    "And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord, for thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand. Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_AtUXdXA_s

OMG IM SO FUCKED lol
    "Heard you're looking for a stud. Well, I got the S-T-D. All I need is you. " - Rooster

good thing I stopped multi accounting lmao....

Seasoned Veteran
    It sounds good to me. If need be I have no problem doing it too. I'm not scared or paranoid and I think most users that are regulars on here would feel the same way.

Thumbs up Honesty is best Policy

Well I have a Buddy who lives downstairs, and he comes up to hang out, and watch me scream and rip out my hair playing. I was showing him this site and he loves to play poker.
    He is older and not familiar and comfortable putting Money on online poker. So i introduced him to this and carbon and he wants to play. I don't see the harm in that. If he on his own time puts in work and gets his points why should he not be able to.
    And besides all the points earned are tracked and recorded to the IP address, so completing certain task would only be able to be done once. I'm not a cheat and don't need to. I just know that i love poker and if i were him and seen this i would really be disappointed if I were denied to join this group. He is up in his age and is not going out to buy a PC and play internet poker. Sometimes people are actually being honest. If there is to be any kind of verification he has all of it, Except my IP address, He is playing on my PC. Thats all ty for ur time PEACE.......C U @ the tables
    Last edited by smokey924; 02-07-2013 at 02:48 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast